LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
As of 2021, the commitment to provide education and training opportunities to support the development of motorcycling was enshrined in our FIM Statutes and By-Laws. The FIM Academy is our vehicle to provide these services.
Through the FIM Academy we aim to disseminate knowledge around all matters connected with sporting and non-sporting motorcycling activity via workshops, training camps, seminars, research, webinars, e- learning and mentoring.
The FIM Academy has six pillars:
- Supporting recently affiliated National Federations
- Supporting the development of already affiliated National Federations about specific subjects
- Supporting the development of Continental Unions
- Supporting Commissions in the development of material for the Seminars for the Officials
- Foster the development of the Seminars’ Instructors
- Learning and Development for the Leaders of the National Federations and Continental Unions, Commissions and FIM Staff
Our e-learning platform is the FIM Academy’s main tool for disseminating educational content. The platform offers tailor-made materials for FIM Affiliated National Federations, Continental Unions, Board Members, Commission Members, Officials and staff, but also enthusiasts who wish to learn more about motorcycling. As well as supporting the learning of FIM employees, the FIM Academy will soon be rolled out to riders and coaches.